Friday, August 1, 2008

Our New Arrival

June 8th happened to be the most exciting day this year. This was the day that our daughter came to meet us. The entire pregnancy had been a good one, not much sickness and very few emotional breakdowns, so we were hoping that the delivery was going to be the same. My due date had been the 11th of June and after talking to our doctor, we decided to induce on the 12th since we had a wedding to do on the 21st. Cutting it close...I know! Our doctor made the comment that because we scheduled an induction, the baby would come on it's own and sure enough, she did. I was hoping for a June 7th baby because the birth date would have been 06-07-08 and that would have been neat, but we know babies, they come when they are ready. Instead of coming on the 7th, I went into labor the night of. Labor started at 11:30 that night. I labored at home all night and we got to the hospital at 6:30 on the morning of the 8th. At 10:31 am, Mallory Joanne came into our lives. I was sure I was having a boy the entire pregnancy and just like that, it was a girl. We have been blessed with her presence in our lives. She is a great baby and we couldn't be happier!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for u guys! she is so adorable...love the name that u chose too, it's beautiful just like her.